Who Should Attend
Meet Senior Decision Makers From Insurance Carriers In The US & Canada Across:
- Private & Commercial Auto Insurance
- Home & Property Insurance
- Life & Health Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
With Job Titles Including:
Managing Directors, CEOs, CIOs, COOs, SVPs, AVPs, VPs, Chief Knowledge Officer, Directors, Heads of, Chiefs, Analysts, Leads of...
- Data Science
- Data Strategy
- Predictive Analytics
- Advanced Analytics
- Actionable Analytics
- Risk Insights
- Data Integration
- Governance & Stewardship
- Human Resources
- P&C Business Intelligence
- Fraud Management
- Customer Engagement, Experience & Retention
- Social Media
Plus Key Suppliers Including:
- Insurance Data Management And Analytics Firms
- Full Cycle Data Management Companies
- Predictive Analytics Development Platforms, For Use In Underwriting, Reserving, Marketing, Pricing, and Claims
- Predictive Analytics Technologies
- Data Governance Tool Providers Including, Data Stewardship Platforms & Data Quality Platform
- Data Platforms Including Hadoop Platforms & SQL Analytics Platforms
- Data Visualization Platforms &Software
- Data Integration Services Including, Data Warehousing & Cloud Analytics
- 3rd Party Data Aggregators
- Fraud Analytics Platforms &Tools
- Workforce Management Solutions
- Business Intelligence Firms
- Internet of Things (IoT) For The Insurance Industry
VP, Head Of Data Standards And Data Life Cycle Management
Richard has been with AIG since 1994 and has a career of more than 25 years in the Insurance Industry covering: Data Management and Strategy, Data Governance, Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting, Operations, Technology, Finance, Consulting and Shared Services. Richard was one of the earliest leaders in the Data Management space at AIG and was part of the strategic launch of the Chartis' Data Management program in 2009. In 2011 Richard was part of the strategic launch at AIG Corporate for the Enterprise Data Management program. His initial role was that of Strategic Lead for the Insurance Portfolio and he was responsible for the development of strategies and roadmaps to enable these units to launch their successful data programs. In 2013 Richard led the effort to establish the Enterprise Critical Data Element strategy for AIG and drove the identification and standardization for the top 100 data concepts, terms and data elements across all of AIG and achieved consensus and adoption of these standards from all business units and corporate functions. In 2014 Richard was the Global Head of Data Standards at AIG Data Solutions and the Head of Data Lifecycle Management for AIG Data Solutions.
In this capacity he was focused on the development and adoption of data standards, business metadata and technical metadata across the enterprise as well as the business process framework implementation for critical data elements in each of the AIG business units and functions and the development of Master and Reference Data Management strategies for AIG. Additional strategic work included the development of the AIG Data Lifecycle Management Framework and Strategy which sets the foundation for data management work upon Governance, Standards, Quality and Risk.
In 2014 Richard also established the positon of Data Product Lead for Specialty Lines Insurance within AIG Commercial Insurance and focused on developing strategies and executing the competitive use of data across the Aviation, Aerospace, Environmental, Marine, Surety, Political Risk and Trade Credit lines of business.
Prior to his work in Data Management, Richard was the Vice President of AIG DBG/Chartis Operations & Systems where he developed and ran the Business Solutions Group and was responsible for the development of Common Operational Processes and Applications as well as Operations Training curriculum and Administration in support of the developing shared service model. Richard also led the transformation and development of the eDelivery initiative which enabled electronic policy and billing integration between the US AIG PC organizations and our Brokerage partners. Richard also managed the AIG New Hampshire Insurance Services program which was the Assigned Risk Automobile Carrier for all commercial auto carriers 19 states - a highly regulatory and data driven organization. Earlier successes were achieved within AIG as the VP and Chief Operations & Systems Officer for AIG Environmental where he transformed a completely manual underwriting process into a highly automated and efficient operation with $1 billion in gross written premium overseeing people, process and technology through UW product development, operational process, IT and shared service organizations. Richard also oversaw the small business unit of this profit center and managed all aspects of the MGA program. During this tenure AIG Environmental was heralded as the leader in all key performance metrics from our brokers and insureds. His prior career in AIG dating back to 1994 included many areas of increasing responsibility and numerous positions in the Operational, Underwriting, Claims and Financial areas.
Prior to joining AIG in 1994, Richard worked in the Actuarial field at PSM Insurance Companies with responsibilities over Actuarial loss reserving, pricing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis and developing opportunities and profitable programs in the Workers Compensation residual market - an opportunity which was previously not contemplated at the carrier resulting in strategic decision making capability in the non residual market operating model and Sales & Marketing strategies. He was heavily involved in and served as carrier representative on both the NY & Massachusetts Workers Comp Insurance Rating Boards and Bureaus. Richard also transformed the operating model of the Actuarial department from a paper and mainframe based platform to an automated environment and was heavily involved in the requirements, development and testing of Actuarial loss development applications and analytics both at PSM and with partners Coopers & Lybrand-Exhibitmaker and PWC Affinity
Richard is regularly sought out for multiple large scale initiatives, committees, strategic activities and mentor programs due to his broad and deep experience with the full life-cycle of Insurance Company operations and disciplines.
Richard is also a publicly elected Trustee and former Vice President of the Shoreham-Wading River School District Board of Education.
Richard holds a B.S. in Mathematics, Business and Statistics from the State University of New York at Albany and an M.B.A. in Insurance and Risk Management from St. Johns University Peter J. Tobin School of Business, Insurance and Risk Management (formerly The College of Insurance).
Solutions At A Quick Glance: Helping You Apply Your Analytics Program And Prioritize Resources
- Attract New & More Profitable Customers
- Improve Customer Relationships Through More Sophisticated Segmentation
- Retain Existing Customers For Longer And Cross Sell Additional Products
- Increase Profitability, Improve Process Efficiency And Reduce Administration Costs
- Create New Revenue Streams And Increase Sales
- Optimize Pricing & Risk Selection In Underwriting And Fight Fraud
Strategic Level Learning Solutions Include:
- Execution : Structure Your Data Analytics Program To Maximize Commercial Value And ROI Across All Lines
- Leadership : Learn Best Practices For Recruiting And Retaining Human Capital And Build A Competitive Workforce And Save Money On Re-Hiring
- Data Governance & Stewardship : Understand The Different Routes For Data Governance Program: Where Do You Start And How Do You Succeed?
Benchmark Against The Latest Innovative Approaches & New Ideas
- Create New Revenue Streams : Learn What Needs Done By Insurers Across All Lines To Encourage Data Sharing From New Sources